Which Electric Vehicle Is The Cheapest: The cheapest electric vehicle on the market is currently the Tata Nexon EV, which is available in India for a starting price of around Rs 13.99 lakh, which is equivalent to about 18,000 US dollars. This compact SUV is designed for the Indian market, where it has gained popularity for its affordable price, practical size, and decent range.
Here is a list of the key features of the Tata Nexon EV:
- Performance: The Nexon EV is powered by a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack that drives an electric motor that produces 127 horsepower and 245 Nm of torque. This gives the Nexon EV a 0-60 time of around 9 seconds and a top speed of around 100 mph. The battery pack can be fully charged in around 8 hours using a standard AC wall charger, or in just an hour and a half using a DC fast charger.
- Range: The Nexon EV has a claimed range of around 312 miles on a single charge, which is quite impressive for a budget electric vehicle. However, this range may vary depending on factors such as driving style, road conditions, and weather.
- Interior: The Nexon EV has a spacious and well-equipped cabin, with features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, climate control, and power windows. The interior is also quite well-built, with good quality materials and solid fit and finish.
- Safety: The Nexon EV comes with a good set of safety features, including dual airbags, traction control, stability control, and hill start assist. It also has a strong and rigid body structure that is designed to protect the occupants in the event of a collision.
- Practicality: The Nexon EV is a compact SUV that is well-suited to urban driving, with a small footprint and good visibility. It also has a good-sized trunk that can hold a decent amount of luggage.
Pros of the Tata Nexon EV:
- Affordable price: The Nexon EV is the cheapest electric vehicle on the market, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious buyers.
- Good range: The Nexon EV has a claimed range of around 312 miles on a single charge, which is quite impressive for a budget electric vehicle.
- Practical size: The Nexon EV is a compact SUV that is well-suited to urban driving, with a small footprint and good visibility.
Cons of the Tata Nexon EV:
- Limited availability: The Nexon EV is currently only available in India, so it may not be an option for buyers in other countries.
- Limited power: The Nexon EV’s electric motor produces only 127 horsepower, which may not be enough for some buyers.
- Long charging time: The Nexon EV’s battery pack takes around 8 hours to fully charge using a standard AC wall charger, which may be inconvenient for some drivers.
The Tata Nexon EV is an affordable and practical electric vehicle that is well-suited to urban driving. Its key strengths are its low price, good range, and practical size. However, it is currently only available in India and has a limited power output, which may be a drawback for some buyers.
Overall, the Tata Nexon EV has received positive reviews from consumers and industry experts in India, with many praising its value for money, practicality, and decent range. It is a solid choice for budget-conscious buyers who are looking for an electric vehicle that can meet their daily driving needs.